You may believe you have a vCIO on hand, but if you really think about it, that might not be the case. What you may actually need is a vCTO.
It’s not unheard of for businesses to make claims that are… unrealistic. Often, marketing strategies will involve a certain amount of massaging of the truth. While a business says one thing, in reality, it may be another.
This is true, even of IT services companies. Not, generally, when it comes to technology, however. Whether an Atlanta IT services company is talking up their cloud services or their disaster recovery capabilities, the reality of those claims probably isn’t too far off.
But when it comes to their business capabilities? That’s another matter entirely.
Why Shouldn’t You Get Business Consulting From An IT Services Company?
A popular offering in the IT services industry these days is the Virtual Chief Information Officer or vCIO service. This service is presented as offering key insight into the development of business strategies as they pertain to the technology… most of the time.
Here’s the problem: the CIO is a business position. To put it bluntly, most IT services companies are staffed by people that know technology a lot better than they know the business.
And to be honest? That’s OK. It only makes sense.
After all, IT services companies are in business specifically to deal with their clients’ technology. When did this IT industry marketing “arms race” lead to companies claiming to be able to effectively consult on purely business matters? At its core, an Atlanta IT services company should handle technology, period.
That’s why a Virtual Chief Technology Officer (vCTO) service is so much more valid and valuable.
What Is A vCTO (Virtual Chief Technology Officer) Supposed To Do?
The vCTO, dealing specifically with the client’s technology, delivers the following:
- Tailored Consultations: Prior to offering recommendations for improvements, the vCTO analyzes your existing technology and your business processes. By learning specifically what you need out of your IT system now, and in the future, they can ensure the best possible recommendation for the next initiatives you are considering undertaking.
- Infrastructure Oversight: Each and every aspect of your technology, from cabling to servers to desktops to mobile devices and more, should be taken into consideration by your vCTO. No aspect of your infrastructure from end to end – wherever and however your staff members use it, all the way to the people who support it – should be overlooked by a good vCTO.
- Planning For The Long Term: Your vCTO should develop IT plans that take into account your budget, projections, customer and employee needs, and business goals to guarantee that your IT infrastructure can always support the changes your company undergoes well into the future.
What Will You Gain From Working With Sobo As Your Chief Technology Officer?
By looking forward with the right technical expertise and experience on hand, you can confidently chart your business’ future instead of undertaking unknown risks and hoping for the best. Your vCTO should help your business in many ways, including:
- Consultation On Emerging Technology Trends: New technology applications are hitting the market every year, and without the right perspective you could fall behind. Your vCTO will help you understand how the latest and greatest in technology, such as Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Mobile Platforms, can enhance your business.
- Optimal IT: Tomorrow quickly becomes today; when you plan effectively, you’re ensuring that you’re prepared in the present as well. Soon after your vCTO joins the operation, you’ll see the benefits of good advice and proper IT planning take effect on your daily work.
- Reduced IT Expenditures: By looking forward, the vCTO can help reduce your costs and accurately equip you with just the technology you need to succeed, without wasting money for IT gimmicks that don’t produce results.
The right technology combined with true expertise can achieve ideal results. Properly implemented IT, with the help of a capable vCTO, will help you streamline operations, increase communication, encourage collaboration, and boost efficiency, resulting in new levels of productivity. However, without sound, professional knowledge, and experience in technology, many organizations miss out on these opportunities to improve their business.
Find an Atlanta IT service company that can deliver expert consulting services in the form of a vCTO to help you get the most out of a given investment in IT. Implementing new technology is a good start, but by educating you on how to best use those tools and the role they play in your company, we can provide you with the understanding necessary to better utilize those solutions and maximize the return.
Like this article? Check out Windows 10 Enterprise Is Microsoft’s Most Secure Operating System Ever, Top Engineering Applications (Questions and Answers), or What Are the Top 10 Phishing Email Subject Lines from Q2 2018? to learn even more.